Monday, June 7, 2010

Racehorse Names

Ok...so I just got my braces on and I don't have enough energy to right a big post on Akhal Teke horses (which I promise I'll do tomorrow).
Today's topic: Racehorse names. A few of them are pretty normal, like Beckermet and Rachel Alexandra, but most of them are pretty weird. Take Big Brown, the 2008 Kentucky Derby winner, for example. I'd really want to know what he's named after, but on the other hand, I kinda don't...
Even more of them sound like they're trying to be epic or something, but it fails (i.e. Honour and Glory, Boundary, Bold Truth, Thisonesforabbby, you get the point).
I suppose if your goal is to name your horse something that will catch the bettor's eye, you'll want to name it something eccentric. Still, there's a fine line between eccentric and just plain weird.
If you survived the last 2 badly-written paragraphs and are reading this, write PEACHES in the comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment